Water Resources Engineer, Hydrologist or EIT
Location: Austin, TX
Opening date: May 18, 2020
Closing date: Until filled
Aqua Strategies Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Hydrologist, Water Resources Engineer, or Engineer in Training with coursework in hydrology and hydraulics.
Aqua Strategies Inc. is currently seeking to hire a person with skills and experience in hydrology and open-channel hydraulics. The ideal candidate will be familiar with floodplain modeling, will prepare datasets to develop hydrologic, hydrodynamic and water quality models for water supply evaluation, and will help analyze and communicate the results of numerical analyses, often integrating these into water supply plans. Aqua Strategies participates in fieldwork on lakes, rivers and estuaries in Texas and the candidate would be expected to join in those activities. The candidate will further help with the company’s goal of becoming a leader in providing long and medium range water supply plans, supporting the development of supply and demand forecasts, stakeholder participation processes, and all the technical aspects involved in developing water plans. Familiarity with the regulatory aspects of water rights administration and water supply management in Texas and/or Oklahoma is preferred. Experience in other countries is desirable.
- Develop, analyze, interpret, summarize and present water resources data;
- Build, calibrate, run and describe models used in the analysis of water quantity and quality;
- Analyze, interpret and develop water-related infrastructure figures and maps;
- Coordinate work with external biologists, scientists, hydrologists and policy professionals;
- Make presentations at public meetings, workshops, conferences and client meetings;
- Manage work products and contracts, and prepare proposals;
- Support infrastructure planning and cost estimating;
- Participate in field data collection efforts; and
- Perform work as assigned and as needed in support of company activities.
- Graduation from an accredited university with BS in engineering, hydrology, or closely related subject;
- Master’s degree in water resources engineering, hydrology, planning or similar preferred;
- Some work experience in water resources engineering, hydrology, or similar is desired;
- Proficiency with MS-Excel and familiarity with database or scripting tools like MATLAB, Python, R, etc.;
- Familiarity with GIS products: QGIS, ESRI or similar;
- Familiarity with hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality modeling tools, such as HEC-RAS, SWAT, CE-QUAL-W2, ADH, River2D, or similar;
- Familiarity with water resources instrumentation and/or data collection methods; and
- Valid driver’s license and US Citizenship, or proof of legal right to work in the US.
Female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.