Water Resources Engineer and Planner
LOCATION: Austin, TX
OPENING DATE: June 28, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Aqua Strategies Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Hydrologist or Water Resources Engineer. If you are interested in a position with our small, growing firm and meet the qualifications described below, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find out more about the company at aquastrategies.com.
Aqua Strategies Inc. is currently seeking the skills of a water resources engineer or hydrologist with experience in water and/or wastewater-related infrastructure. The candidate will be familiar with water and wastewater design and construction, understand flood plain modeling, levees and flood control structures, will prepare datasets to develop hydrologic, hydrodynamic and water quality models for water supply evaluation, and will help analyze and communicate the results of numerical analyses, often integrating these into water supply plans. Aqua Strategies participates in fieldwork on lakes, rivers and estuaries in Texas and the candidate would be expected to join those activities. The candidate will further help with the company’s goal of becoming a leader in providing long and medium range water supply plans, supporting the development of supply and demand forecasts, stakeholder participation processes, and all the technical aspects involved in developing water plans. Familiarity with the regulatory aspects of water supply management in Texas and Oklahoma is preferred.
- • Develop, analyze, interpret, summarize and present water resources and socioeconomic data;
- • Build, calibrate, run and describe models used in the analysis of water quantity and quality;
- • Analyze, interpret and develop water-related infrastructure figures and maps;
- • Coordinate work with external biologists, scientists, hydrologists and policy professionals;
- • Make presentations at public meetings, workshops, conferences and client meetings;
- • Manage work products and contracts, and prepare proposals;
- • Support infrastructure planning and cost estimating;
- • Participate in field data collection efforts; and
- • Perform work as assigned and as needed in support of company activities.
- • Graduation from an accredited university with BS in engineering, or closely related subject;
- • Master’s degree in water resources engineering, hydrology, planning or similar preferred;
- • 3 to 10 years work experience in water resources engineering, treatment, hydrology, planning or similar;
- • Proficiency with MS-Excel and familiarity with database, processing or scripting tools like MATLAB, Python, R, etc.;
- • Familiarity with ESRI-GIS products, QGIS, CAD or similar;
- • Familiarity with hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality modeling tools, such as MODFLOW, WRAP, HEC-RAS, SWAT, EPD-RIV1 and/or River2D, or similar;
- • Familiarity with water resources instrumentation and/or data collection methods; and
- • Valid driver’s license, and US Citizenship, or proof of legal right to work in the US.
Female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.